Tuesday, September 15, 2009

What's new.

Well it's been quite some time since I've updated my blog. A lot has happened, but I've been too busy to tend to my blog. I woke up early this morning though, and since I have time I'll take a few minutes to write.

The biggest news of course is that we finally have a home. We began moving in on Thursday, and spent out first night in the house that same day. It was a lot of work purchasing the house. We put our offer in on the house around May sometime, and it was a difficult process purchasing the house since it was a short sale house. Don't believe them when they call them a short sale, it is anything but short. It has been even more work moving in and repairing the home. I sanded all the hardwood floors myself with the help of my brother-in-law. I had a professional come in and put the finish on for me since it was toxic. We also had all new carpets put in since whoever lived here before let wet dogs run all over the house.

I guess the new house isn't the "biggest" news, even though it is quite big, the biggest news of course is that Katy is pregnant with child number #3. We're contemplating whether this will be the last, but there is plenty of time to think about that. Soren thinks the baby is going to be a boy because he saw the ultrasound and noticed it had "short hair", so it must be a boy. How can you argue with that kind of reasoning?

As if that wasn't enough, Lindsey, my sister, has revealed that she is also pregnant. But not just any kind of pregnant, she's having twins! Katy has wanted twins for a while. Lindsey was afraid Katy would be frustrated when she heard Lindsey was having twins, so Derek (Lindsey's husband) sent Katy a text message on her phone with a picture of triplets before they told us they were having twins. Derek hoped that Katy would think that meant they were having triplets, and then the news twins wouldn't be so bad. Didn't work though, Katy's phone wasn't working, and she ended up getting all the news at the same time.

And if THAT isn't enough. My sister-in-law, Karen, is having a baby as well, and she didn't think she was going to be having anymore children. She is in her forty's, and is a grandma herself. So the only sister/sister-in-law in the Atkinson family who isn't having a baby is Lara, my brother Chad's wife. She said she is going straight down to the hospital and getting a hysterectomy.

Well, I need to get to work now, so I better wrap it up. I find it difficult to update my blog with my latest thoughts/news because many of them contain privileged information. I mean I can tell vague stories about different cases I'm working on, as long as I keep my client's identify confidential, but I rather play it safe and say nothing. Consequently that leaves me with little to talk about since that takes up the bulk of my life. At least that's the excuse I'm going to use for my laziness. If you are following my blog, and tire of not seeing any updates, just go check out my wife's blog, she updates a little more often than I do.

2 comments:

Bree said...

Aw you're all grown up and stuff. :) And what fun to have so many babies around the same time! I know that I loved having cousins my age growing up. Stay out of trouble, Atkinson, I miss ya!

Mandy said...

CRAIG!! thanks for the update. i'm so excited for all of your big news!