Sunday, March 22, 2009

New Job

Well I guess I should formally announce on my blog that I got a new job.  I've been looking for a while, but most places are either not hiring, hiring but not me, or not willing to hire someone who hasn't received their results from the bar exam yet.  Out of a stroke of luck, I found a job working with a small firm in Boise as their criminal defense attorney.  

Initially the plan was to rent office space from them and go out on my own, but they decided to extend an offer to me to work for them as an associate attorney.  Last week was my first week working for them, and I can tell already that I'm going to really enjoy it.  There are only two other attorneys in the firm.  I'm the only associate.  And the plan is that once I get trained, I am pretty much responsible for all of the criminal defense work.

The office is right down in downtown Boise, and not too far from the Courthouse, although it's still a driving distance.

In other news, Kaydence has began learning how to ride her bicycle without training wheels.  She's pretty much got down how to ride without me holding on to the bike, but she's still working on turning around, and getting started on her own.  She wears a helmet and pads so that she doesn't skin herself up, but yesterday after I took the pads off she took off on a full run, fell, and skinned her knees up anyway.  

No other news at the moment, but I'll try harder to keep you all updated.

No comments: