Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Post Bar Blues

Well, I've taken the bar, and now I'm waiting for the results.  I was under the impression that as soon as I got my results back I could get licensed and begin practicing.  I found out last night though that I have to wait another month after the results before I can be sworn in.  This really sucks.  They never cease screwing with us.

I've been looking for a job in Criminal law, but the job prospects are not good right now.  I've been speaking with an attorney in Boise who would like me to come and rent office space from him and begin working on my own in Criminal defense and also do some subcontracting for him.  I'm not sure if this is a good idea or not yet, but I'm seriously considering it.  Especially if I don't find a job elsewhere.  Problem is, I thought I would be able to begin working on my own as soon as I got the results.  

I hope I pass the bar, and I hope this is all over soon.  

3 comments:

Bree said...

It sounds like a good deal, Craig...much better than the soul-crushing franchise firm. Sounds like you'd have a bit of independence while still getting the benefits of a mentor. Keep us posted!

Mandy said...

Well, you know I think you're smart enough to go out on your own. You'd probably get a lot of work done too because you would have your own motivation.

I don't think you have to worry about the bar. You took it seriously and studied really hard. Anyway, you practically taught me Civil Procedure. ;)

Mandy said...

"Postbardom"